FINANCIAL ANALYST (18 Months - Maternity leave)
We’re looking for a Financial Analyst as part of a replacement of maternity leave for a period of eighteen (18) months.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, based at our Head Office in Montreal, Quebec, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for financial reporting and analysis, full cycle accounting and play a key accounting role for the business.
- Support the financial accounting cycle.
- Preparing and posting month end journal entries
- Reconciling and managing various general ledger accounts.
- Process and prepare reporting operations.
- Prepare variance analysis and put forward recommendations for improvement.
- Prepare/review monthly journal entries, accruals, allocations.
- Prepare/review balance sheet reconciliations and working papers.
- Prepare/review/analyze monthly financial statements for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare/review monthly financial reporting package for management
- Provide financial information to managers and personnel of operating and support departments
- Provide technical guidance and training.
- Assist with periodic financial, tax and compliance audits.
- Assist in the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Support the credit management process.
- Other adhoc financial analysis and projects as may be assigned.
- Strong attention to detail as well as both technical and analytical skills.
- Resourcefulness, independence, and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to make information understandable and ability to work on a team.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and decision-making skills.
- Flexibility and excellent customer service skills.
- Have a diploma or a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- A CPA professional designation would be an asset.
- Have 5 to 7 years of experience in a similar role.
- Strong accounting knowledge and reporting related to standards, financial processes and reporting.
- An experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset.
- Be very familiar with the Microsoft Office suite, including in-depth knowledge of Excel.
- Fluent in English and French, oral and written.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require.
Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.