HUMAN RESOURCE REGIONAL DIRECTOR - ONTARIO
We are looking for a REGIONAL HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR - ONTARIO.
Under the leadership of the Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer and in close collaboration with the Mill and Woodland leaders, the incumbent is responsible for implementing the strategic direction of all aspects of human resources management within his or her assigned group.
Furthermore, he/she will ensure that there is a full alignment between the company mission and goals and the tactical execution.
- Provides talent management, support and coaching to the Human Resources Group of our five (5) Ontario mills.
- Ensuring the development of the HR team along with the succession planning of HR talent in the region, in collaboration with upper management.
- Participating in developing and implementing both unionized and non-unionized employee attraction, recruitment and retention strategies.
- Supporting and improving the quality of the performance management process.
- Providing guidance and support to individual and group development plans.
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of healthy and harmonious working relationships, in accordance with collective agreements, policies and procedures.
- Advise and assist his team and mill managers in the interpretation and application of policies, programs, collective agreements and resolution of grievances.
- Prepare union negotiation mandate and strategy; involve in union negotiation.
- Prepare arbitration as needs and attend conciliation or mediation.
- Support business units in administration and deployment of health and safety programs at the prevention and repair levels.
- Assessing the pulse and culture of the organization and providing feedback to directors and executives on ways to improve performance and employee engagement.
- Developing mutually profitable relationships with our various partners (First Nations, school boards, municipalities) to contribute to the influence of the organization and communities.
- Participating to corporate project and roll out of new HR, Communication and H&S initiative.
- Strategic thinking and influence leadership
- Strong coaching skills
- Creativity and capacity to question the status quo
- Analytical mind and capacity to synthesize information
- Customer focus, results orientation and teamwork
- Capacity to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Rigor, integrity and professional ethics
- Bachelor's degree in industrial relations, Human Resources or Business administration
- Minimum of eight (8) to twelve (12) years of experience in a similar role in the manufacturing field and a unionized environment
- 5 to 8 year in union labor negotiation and few negotiations as a spoke person
- HR Professional Association Membership would be an asset
- Knowledge of Ms Office Suite and HRIS System
- Fluent English (written and spoken) French would be an asset
- Available for travelling on regular basis (70% of the time)
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.