SENIOR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
We're looking for a SENIOR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR to complete IT team based in the Head Office, in Montreal.
Reporting directly to the IT Director, the Senior System Administrator is responsible for the proper functioning of all technology components of the corporate infrastructure and the technical mentoring of the IT team.
You will monitor performance of the infrastructure and perform the necessary maintenance.
You will also ensure the security and integrity of the organization's data.
- Administer and ensure the operationalization of the process of infrastructure-related services, such as email, IP telephony, file servers, SharePoint, databases, terminal server, backup server, AD, etc.
- Identify IT-related risks, develop and communicate solutions representing best practices, and implement mitigation measures in line with the company's strategy.
- Act as a resource person for Level-3 support and issues affecting Office 365 and communications with Microsoft Premier Support.
- Oversee the proper functioning of data backup jobs, perform periodic validation of the contents of backups and make necessary corrections.
- Analyze the results of performance and capacity monitoring to recommend necessary adjustments.
- Analyze event log files and perform corrections to different alerts found.
- Support and administer infrastructure-related security solutions.
- Follow the general performance of hardware under your responsibility.
- Perform hardware and software updates, such as adding disks and memory and updating firmware, the OS and applications.
- Document and keep current all operations documents.
- Ensure the dissemination of infrastructure rules and standards to the teams concerned: use of space, operations procedures, etc.
- Improve and/or implement new standards and new processes and ensure that they are applied.
- Provide technical supervision to your colleagues so that they use existing tools effectively and provide them with an optimal work method.
- Identify and implement the necessary aspects to maintain or improve assistance services for information technology affected by the deployment of projects.
- React promptly to emergency situations and correct the systems as quickly as possible.
- Maintain the uniformity of systems by ensuring that norms and standards are followed.
- Participate in the review of the recovery plan and tests: (BCP) Business Continuity Plan, (DRP) Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Analyze new technologies and architecture and make recommendations for future improvements.
- Review activities assigned to you, validate their duration and the deliverable, and organize your work to deliver on schedule.
- Lead assigned projects.
- Ensure that the team of the IT support centre is ready to handle changes.
- Methodical and disciplined approach to problem solving and analysis.
- Analytic and detail-oriented.
- Show curiosity and an excellent ability to learn.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Show initiative and pro-activity.
- Organizational and priority management skills.
- Degree in computer technology or related field.
- Certificate in networking (CCNP, MSCE or greater).
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a similar position.
- Expertise in Windows server environments (AD, O365, GPO).
- Knowledge of Exchange Online, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint Online.
- Expertise in networking concepts: LAN, WAN, WIFI, VPN/IPSEC, firewalls, routers, etc.
- Good knowledge of: carbon Black CB Defense; Virtualization applications (VMWare, Hyper-V); Firewalls and network switches (Dell, HP, Meraki); Telephony systems (Avaya, Polycom, Sangoma, Yealink); Databases (SQL) ; Scripting; Basic principles of IT security.
- Oral and written bilingualism (English and French).
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require.
Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.