We are currently looking for a LUMBER TRADER for our Sales Department, which is based at our Montreal head office.
Reporting to the Vice President, Sales and Marketing, you will play a key role in implementing the company's business development strategy and contribute to the success of the team.
As a Lumber Trader, you will work with the Sales team to promote, coordinate and manage the sales of all products from operations as well as the Logistics and Planning group.
- Actively contribute in the execution of the Sales and Marketing strategy to ensure the company maintains “preferred supplier”` status in its market.
- Contribute to the team effort of prospecting and maintaining service to key customer categories in order to optimize sales volumes, pricing, product mix, shipping and inventory.
- Work closely with Planning and Logistics to better manage and execute sales strategy.
- Manage a core group of external customers.
- Negotiate on a daily basis customer orders in order to maximize returns on different product mixes.
- Analyze on an ongoing basis customer business and needs to help the division attains its objectives and strategies.
- Continually build and maintain solid long term relationships with existing customers and ensure customer’s satisfaction.
- Provide outstanding customer service and after sales satisfaction; facilitating long-term relationships with a goal of insuring repeat business.
- Manage the files under his/her responsibility.
SKILL PROFILE BASED ON:
- A customer-oriented approach, listening and communication.
- Negotiation skill and the ability to establish and maintain business relationships based on respect.
- Planning, organization and agility.
- Team player ability in a changing business environment.
- Bachelor's degree in administration, marketing, finance or economics.
- Relevant experience in the business community, the lumber industry, the sale of commodities or financial products.
- Bilingualism (written and spoken).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and relevant sales system technology.
- Possess a valid driver's license and be available to travel on an occasional basis
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.