We are currently looking for a Logistic Coordinator for our Logistics Department, which is based at our Montreal head office.
Reporting to the Director of Logistics, and in collaboration with the production units, the selected candidate will be responsible for coordinating shipments with subcontractors to fill orders and for shipping finished products.
- Support sales strategy by shipping finished products respecting budget, time, customer requirements, etc.
- Work closely with sales, production, mills and carriers in order to optimize shipments and meet customer’s needs.
- Analyze and review shipping needs in order to achieve and optimize inventory and shipping targets.
- Provide support to the sawmills for any situation or issue involving transportation and/or logistics.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement and help implement them.
- Dispatch loads based on priorities and inventory availability.
- Work closely with carriers and other logistics service providers on daily basis to ensure inventory turns and shipping accuracy.
- Identify and suggest shipping alternatives to reduce costs and allow the company to remain competitive.
- Work with SAP system and related reports.
- Act as a back up for members of the logistics team as needed.
- Prepare various analyses and reports as needed.
- Perform all other related tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to adapt.
- Demonstrate proactivity and discipline.
- Excellent ability to establish and maintain good business relationships.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and team work skills.
- Diploma of college studies in logistics, transportation, or any other area deemed relevant, or the equivalent.
- Experience of at least three (3) years in cargo logistics management, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a similar role in the lumber industry is a major asset.
- Be comfortable using computer tools, such as Excel and SAP.
- Proficiency in French and English spoken and written.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.