We are looking for a Maintenance Manager for a Corporate Staff position, supporting all EACOM Facilities in Quebec and Ontario.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the oversight of all Maintenance Programs.
You will be responsible for monitoring and auditing all plant maintenance programs, reviewing and auditing all completed scheduled work orders, backlog systems, downtime reports, weekly maintenance schedules, overall preventative maintenance programs, and auditing actual work completed by maintenance staff to ensure the effectiveness of the mill maintenance programs
- Track and monitor all plant backlog systems.
- Track and monitor all weekly maintenance schedules.
- Review all completed PM sheets for all mills and audit against plant backlogs.
- Monitor all Preventative Maintenance programs to ensure they are matched to the mills equipment.
- Review and monitor maintenance budgets for effectiveness
- Monitor and review plant downtime reports and that repetitive items are addressed in maintenance plan.
- Audit completed preventative maintenance and repair work for quality and effectiveness.
- Inspect plant material condition to determine effectiveness of maintenance program.
- Identify and implement maintenance group training and development.
- Maintain continuous improvement focus through effective leadership in interactions with maintenance staff and related meetings.
- Ensure that the maintenance departments adhere to standard maintenance processes and health and safety procedures.
- Organize and facilitate weekly a weekly phone meeting for all Plant Maintenance Superintendents.
- Achieve all other related tasks.
- Demonstrate excellent mobilizing and collaborative leadership.
- Able to lead by example with honesty, integrity and compassion
- Good team player and result-oriented.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work towards a vision.
- Must be inquisitive and seek to continually learn.
- Desire and ability to challenge the Status Quo and work to continually improve.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Able to manage and coordinate the work within tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Collegial or Bachelor Degree in Mechanical field
- Minimum of 5 years of plant maintenance experience ideally in a Sawmill and/or in a manufacturing plant.
- Mechanical ability and understanding.
- Familiar with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
- Relevant experience to conduct root cause analyses for major downtime occurrences when needed.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English; French is an asset.
- Advanced computer skills (maintenance systems, Microsoft Suite).
- Strong commitment to the Health and Safety of all employees and able to affect positive change to a health and safety culture.
- Willing to travel.
- Should be available during weekends, nights, and holidays when needed.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.