GENERAL MANAGER, NORTH WESTERN ONTARIO
We are looking for a GENERAL MANAGER for the Sawmill and Woodland Operations for Northwestern Ontario, located in Ear Falls, Ontario.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling logging and sawmill operations for this area.
As a company key ambassador of our cultures and values, you will supervise the overall operations to enhance safety, competitiveness, profitability and customer satisfaction, with a constant concern for compliance with quality and safety standards.
- Responsible for the management and mobilization of a team of approximately 150 people as well as contractual relationships with our contractors and local service providers from the operations and forestry sectors to achieve the objectives and enhance the overall performance for this sector, in compliance with health and safety standards.
- Plan, organize, manage and controls the activities of the annual plan as well as the execution of the logging and sawing operations that result.
- Prepare, submit and manage operating budgets and capital expenses, as well as those related to the operation and transportation of the raw material, in order to achieve key performance indicators.
- Develop and maintain business relationship with partners and services providers.
- Ensures compliance with negotiated contracts, including those related to logging, timber loading and transportation, construction and maintenance of logging roads, equipment and service contracts, in order to maximize operations.
- Play a key role in identification and execution of organizational changes, planning, hiring, on boarding and talent development of employees.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and the implementation of sustainable solutions to enhance the quality, productivity and efficiency of operations
- Assure staff development and training by optimal use of their talent and skills.
- Deal with regulating authorities and ensure the compliance with legislation and regulations.
- Represents the company to stakeholders, external collaborators and in the community.
- Mobilizing and coaching leadership, ability to provide supportive feedback and to deal with conflicts.
- Ability to influence and lead a team to reach determined objectives.
- Strong planning, organizing, prioritizing, time management and delegation skills.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated skills in operation analysis, continuous improvement and problem-solving.
- Capacity to instill a sense of urgency.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Post-secondary education degree in wood engineering, wood tech or any other field of study deemed relevant or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of relevant experience in woodland industry and sawmill industry including human resource, budget and project management.
- Have held various positions in forestry as well as in production operations.
- Experience in employee engagement and mobilization.
- Relevant experience in continuous improvement principles, tools and projects.
- Knowledge and ability in utilizing computerized systems such Suite Microsoft office (advanced Excel) and forestry systems applications (GIS; ARCGIS)
- Valid license Driver
- Availability for travelling on occasional basis.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.