We are looking for a Maintenance Superintendent for our Ear Falls Sawmill.
Reporting to the Sawmill Manager, you will be responsible to coordinate the completion of all maintenance work in accordance with health & safety practices for the optimization or upgrading of site equipment, with the aim of improving operational efficiency.
- Support and implement the values of the company, ensure Maintenance department is in compliance with various legislation & regulations including Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Supervise the work of maintenance workers, subcontractors, & contract staff.
- Organize, improving and scheduling routine and preventive maintenance of plant & equipment (shut downs).
- Management of continuous improvement initiatives and participate in the problem solving process.
- Stimulate and maintain a positive work environment through use of excellent interpersonal skills, team building and communication with all departments.
- Maintain, develop or upgrade the methodology of maintenance systems to maximize fast and reliable response to equipment problems. (In compliance with health and safety rules).
- Analyze and identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Provide training and ongoing development to the Maintenance team.
- Upgrade maintenance process of the work systems and maintenance contracts management.
- Follow departmental budgets to ensure good cost control.
- Maintain continuous improvement focus through effective leadership in maintenance meetings.
- Other related task.
SKILLS PROFILE :
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, mobilizing and conflict management.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, team Player within tight deadlines;
- Result-oriented and problem solving skills;
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Hold Collegial or University Diploma in mechanical or electrical engineering OR a Millwright ticket/red seal certification (prefered) or an Electrician ticket/Red Seal Certification.
- Have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience, ideally in a sawmill or manufacturing plant;
- Proven experience in supervising technical staff in unionized environment;
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English; French is an asset.
- Proven Health and Safety accountabilities and are knowledgeable of occupational health and safety.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of electrical, mechanical (hydraulic, pneumatic), fabrication/welding and PLC programming.
- Advanced computer skills.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.