We are looking for a Woodland Operations Supervisor. Reporting to the Ear Falls Woodlands Contractor Superintendent, duties will include supervision of both harvest operations, truck haul and forest operations planning.
- Daily Supervision of forest operations, including road building, harvesting and log hauling to meet the needs of the Ear Falls saw mill and external mill customers. This will include monitoring safety, environment and product quality
- Field location of harvest boundaries, access and harvest block roads
- Conduct safety and environment audits on contractors
- Assist in the development and implementation of Annual Work Schedules on all Ear Falls EACOM License areas
- Manage the aggregate pit permits and MNRF compliance reporting
- Other related task
SKILLS PROFILE :
- Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Strong beliefs and behaviors in safety and environmental values and results
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, a positive attitude, be physically fit, and able to produce positive results with clients and contractors
- Have leadership skills, be motivated to produce high-quality deliverable products, and be flexible and adaptable to a variety of work environments
- Have a recognized University Degree or College Diploma in forestry or business, or equivalent experience
- Have acquired a minimum of two field seasons of experience in harvest operations
- Be experienced in the use of Microsoft Office, , Arcview GIS (or equivalent) and GPS technology
- Required to work outdoors in a variety of weather and terrain conditions
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.