SAWMILL - PRODUCTION LABOURER
EACOM TIMBER CORPORATION is looking for SAWMILL LABOURER – SAWMILL PRODUCTION (NOC 9614) to complete the team of our sawmill in Ostrom (Gogama), Ontario.
Reporting to the shift supervisor, you will be performing various tasks related to production.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
The following summarizes the processes, duties and responsibilities that each and every incumbent must perform:
MATERIAL MOVEMENT: Operate production equipment as assigned Stack and strap lumber bundles for drying outdoors Ensure smooth flow of process throughout sawmill from debarker entry decks to strapper Perform maintenance duties including shoveling excess bark and debris Clean-up work areas during work stoppages or inaccessible places during operations Perform other related duties
- Team player
- Demonstrate collaborative spirit and initiative.
- Focused on results but in compliance with safety standards.
- possess as a minimum a Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 to 3 years of industry related experience.
- Must have the capacity to satisfactorily perform all of the duties and responsibilities associated with the manufacturing of the final product as well as having a thorough understanding of the processes used.
POSITION TO FILL: 6 vacancies
TYPE OF POSITIONS: Permanent Full time
WAGE & HOURS:
$24.13 per hour 9.5 and 11.5 hours shifts, 44 hours per week Overtime pay is $36.20 after 44 hours per week, Sundays or Statutory Holidays Shift rotation (as applicable): rotating shifts days, afternoons
Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance, Pension, Extended medical insurance (e.g. prescription drugs, paramedical services, medical services and equipment), Paid vacation