We are looking for a Sawmill Production Supervisor at our Gogama location in Ontario. Reporting to the Mill Manager, the Sawmill Supervisor will be responsible for direct supervision and monitoring of Sawmill production employees, procedures and objectives.
Also, the incumbent will be expected to lead improvements in safety, productivity and quality in the sawmill department for continuous improvements.
- Monitor and maintain production volume, yield, quality (including lumber stacking) and uptime while maintaining a safe working environment respecting all applicable legislation and company policies.
- Prepare and present production reports and analysis for production follow-up. (shift reports, time sheets, manning)
- To monitor machinery and equipment performance and report any mechanical deficiencies to maintenance personnel
- Assist in maintenance prioritization and planning activities to minimize downtime and departmental communication and coordination of activities
- Make recommendations concerning modifications to existing equipment or processes and/or the acquisition or disposition of physical assets to maximize production results
- Monitor and follow-up on determined performance indicators (health and safety frequency, fiber consumption, transformation costs, hourly productivity, product quality, on-time delivery)
- Lead and motivate the workforce in executing all activities directed towards a safe, productive, and efficient sawmill operation
- Identify and promote employees training and tools implementation for better operational results
- Identify and recommend long term changes to production targets, products and flow
- Engage personnel and solve interpersonal issues that could arise within department and responsible for performance evaluation process with Sawmill production employees
- Ensure that safety issues/concerns (addressed through workplace inspections and monthly Safety Contacts) are adequately performed and that any issues requiring follow-up are attended to in a timely manner
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Strong analytical abilities and supervisory skills
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and team building skills
- Demonstrate excellent leadership
- Team player, Result-Oriented within tight deadlines
- Post Secondary diploma or college degree in wood products or forestry field with at least 5 years of experience as Sawmill Supervisor preferred
- Strong knowledge and experience in employee performance management and continuous improvement of Sawmill operation
- Proven Health and Safety accountabilities and knowledgeable of occupational health and safety
- Knowledgeable on lumber manufacturing including equipment, processes and products
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English; French is an asset
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.