We are searching for a Maintenance Planner Supervisor for our Gogama Sawmill in Ontario.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendant, you will be responsible for leading the Maintenance Management System. You will be responsible for the overall Planning and Supervision of maintenance for the plant; scheduling, shutdowns, labor management, health and safety and working with the production team to ensure improved uptime performance of the mill.
- Update any corrections to the plan which are reported by the trades groups through the feedback report system in order to create an accurate data base for future assignment.
- In conjunction with the Purchaser, organize « just in time » delivery to meet deadlines in order to plan and schedule jobs and participate in problem-solving with Operations.
- Maintain, develop or upgrade the methodology of maintenance systems to maximize rapid and reliable response to equipment problems. (In compliance with health and safety rules)
- Plan, coordinate, organize and estimate maintenance activities, schedule manpower, shutdowns, work orders, purchase, backlog, equipment database, schedules and any other task needed to upgrade maintenance service level.
- Implement and deploy internal policies, procedures and standards, industry excellence practices for maintenance in liaison with production.
- Ability to identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action and systemic solutions to prevent reoccurrence. Re-apply as needed.
- Upgrade maintenance process of the work systems and maintenance contracts management.
- Follow departmental budgets to ensure good cost control.
- Lead continuous improvement focus through effective leadership in maintenance meetings.
- Ensure prioritization of accurate and reliable resources depending on the type of problem occurring.
- Ensure that the maintenance system is adhered to and that employees understand and apply the determined maintenance process and health and safety procedures.
- Organize and facilitate weekly and daily planning meetings, include operations, provide relief for other supervisor, as needed.
- Manage and maintain key maintenance measures such as Adherence to Schedule, Trades utilization, PM completion, % Loading, % Unplanned work, % Productivity, % Lost time including Reasons, Overtime, Contractor Cost.
SKILLS PROFILE :
- Good organizational and communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and team playing skills
- Demonstrate excellent leadership.
- Team Player and Result-Oriented within tight deadlines.
- Proven Health and Safety accountabilities and knowledgeable of occupational health and safety.
- Hold a Millwright Inter-provincial Red Seal license, College degree in mechanical engineering, a Mechanical Engineering Bachelor or any other relevant studies to mechanical field.
- Have a minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in a sawmill or manufacturing plant;
- Solid knowledge of Performance Management and Continual Improvement processes
- Knowledgeable in the areas of electrical, mechanical (hydraulic, pneumatic), fabrication/welding and PLC programming.
- Proven ability to lead in safety and engage people in process control management.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English; French is an asset.
- Advanced computer skills (Word and Excel)
- Proficient in Interal Maintenance Software. Experience with SAP is a benefit.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.