We are presently looking for Weekend Welder for our Gogama Sawmill in Ontario.
The purpose of the Welder position is to prepare, cut and weld pieces using various materials, most of which are stainless steel sheet metal parts to be used in the production of equipment for the Gogama sawmill.
The welder works as part of the Maintenance team and is reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Prepare, cut, fit and weld pieces using various materials mostly stainless-steel metal sheets;
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as TIG, PAW and MIG;
- Grind (metal blend) cosmetic surfaces;
- Melt and apply solder along adjoining edges of workpieces to solder joints;
- Assemble drain pipes;
- Perform minor repairs to products;
- Set up work area with materials, supplies and tools required for assembly;
- Act as a back-up to assemblers and welders;
- Assist other teams and perform general work as necessary.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and welding process specifications;
- Can demonstrate problem solving ability;
- A team player & open to sharing ideas;
- Thoroughness, patience and initiative;
- Sense of responsibility, speed of execution and sense of urgency;
- Good spatial perception, manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination;
- Completed technical course in welding;
- A minimum of three years of work experience in welding various materials; stainless steel, sheet metal parts, copper pipe (asset);
- Experience in metal blending and/or polishing surfaces to Class A cosmetic standards would be an asset;
- Knowledge of various techniques and equipment such as plasma cutting, MIG, and especially TIG in an assembly environment;
- Ability to operate a forklift (asset);
- Ability to use computer technology in the workplace (Computer search – parts number, drawings, Excel, etc.);
- Bilingual French & English (oral, reading and written).
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.