HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager for our Matagami Sawmill.
Under the leadership of the Regional Human Resources - Quebec and in close collaboration with the Plant and Forest Management leaders, the HR Manager is responsible for implementing the strategic direction of the Human Resources and Health & Safety functions within his assigned client group.
- Plan human resource needs with the supervisors of various operating departments
- Oversee the activities of internal and external training and recruitment strategies
- Participate and collaborate in the implementation of labor relations policies and procedures, and/or other matters related to human resources management
- Active participation or act as a company representative in the negotiation of collective agreements
- Coordinate and support the administration and deployment of health and safety programs
- Play an active role in the community by participating in corporate projects and initiatives in attracting and retaining talent.
- Provide support and advisory role to supervisors in the application of human resources processes such recruitment, performance management, salary review, succession planning, etc.
- Assess the pulse and culture of the organization and provide feedback and recommendation to managers and executives on ways to improve employee's performance and engagement
- Advise and assist other departmental managers and HR colleagues in the interpretation and administration of policies, programs, collective agreements, arbitration and grievance, in accordance with established processes
Control the orientations and tracking of changes to employment policies, compensation and benefits while actively participating in various committees
Advise and assist other departmental managers and HR colleagues in the interpretation and administration of policies, programs, collective agreements, arbitration and grievance, in accordance with established processes
- Involvement in the classification, job evaluation and changes in the management structure.
- Ensure that the company operates in compliance with labor laws
- Strategic thinking and Influence leadership as an advisor
- Creativity and capacity to question the status quo
- Analytical mind and capacity to synthesize information
- Customer focus, Result orientation and Teamwork
- Proven agility and adaptability
- Capacity to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Strive for best practices and continuous improvement
- Rigor, Integrity and Professional ethics
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial relation, Human Resources, or certification related to Human Resources field with equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role in unionized environment, preferably within the manufacturing or forestry sector
- Member of a certified professional association in Human Resources (asset)
- Knowledgeable about occupational health and safety regulations
- Fluent in both spoken and written French. English is an asset
- Efficient learning and use of computerized HR systems
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Available to travel on an occasional basis
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.