We are looking to hire a Planner / Shipping Supervisor for our sawmill in Matagami, Quebec.
Reporting to the Mill Manager, the Planner - Shipping Supervisor will be responsible for coordinating shipments and manage inventories, inputs and outputs as well as the shipping timber and by-products in collaboration with the central planning department. Finally, the person will be responsible for managing the inventory level in the timber yard.
- Ensure that employees under his supervision work safely.
- Plan and coordinate the shipment of orders by truck or wagon ensuring that deadlines and quantities as per timeframe given.
- Check the volume of timber coming out of the plant and inventory levels of various products to make sure available when needed.
- Ensure drying quality in accordance with the standards of Canadian lumber;
- Perform data entry in SAP production for inventory management and shipping.
- Supervise, manage and coach the employees under his responsibilities.
- Efficient, organized and works safely;
- Focused on quality and accuracy;
- Ability to organize, prioritize and get maximize results;
- Good stress management and has the ability to resolve conflicts.
- High school diploma with experience or any training related to the logistics field.
- Experience of at least three (3) years is required in the field of logs, mainly in the wood drying processes;
- Comfortable in the use of IT tools (SAP, Excel and software customers and suppliers);
- Knowledge of Health & Safety principles.
- Able to speak French and English, understanding and writing as well.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.