We are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor for our Matagami sawmill in Quebec.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendant, you will be responsible for leading the maintenance team of millwrights, electricians and saw filers. You will be responsible for the overall maintenance of the plant, scheduling, health and safety and working with the production team to ensure the uptime of the mill.
- Supervise the work of maintenance workers, subcontractors, & contract staff.
- Organize, improving and scheduling routine and preventive maintenance of plant & equipment (shut downs).
- Management of continuous improvement initiatives and participate in the problem-solving process.
- Support and implement the values of the company, ensure Maintenance department is in compliance with various legislation & regulations including Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Stimulate and maintain a positive work environment through use of excellent interpersonal skills, team building and communication with all departments.
- Maintain, develop or upgrade the methodology of maintenance systems to maximize fast and reliable response to equipment problems. (In compliance with health and safety rules).
- Analyze and identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Provide training and ongoing development to the Maintenance team.
- Upgrade maintenance process of the work systems and maintenance contracts management.
- Follow departmental budgets to ensure good cost control.
- Maintain continuous improvement focus through effective leadership in maintenance meetings.
- Other related task.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, mobilizing and conflict management.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, team Player within tight deadlines;
- Analyzing and good organizational skills.
- Result-oriented and problem solving skills;
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Hold Collegial or University Diploma in mechanical or electrical engineering OR a Millwright ticket/red seal certification (MUST) or an Electrician ticket/Red Seal Certification.
- Have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience, ideally in a sawmill or manufacturing plant;
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English; French is an asset.
- Proven Health and Safety accountabilities and are knowledgeable of occupational health and safety.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of electrical, mechanical (hydraulic, pneumatic), fabrication/welding and PLC programming.
- Advanced computer skills. If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM offers equitable pay, excellent benefits, pension with employer contribution and more. Please note only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. EACOM is an equal opportunity employer.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.