We are presently looking for Electrical Supervisor for our NAIRN CENTRE Sawmill in Ontario.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendant, you will be responsible for leading a group of electricians, in both the Planer and the Sawmill. You will be responsible for the overall electrical of the plant, scheduling, health and safety and working with the production team to ensure the uptime of the mill.
You will also be responsible for training and mentoring in regards to automated process of sawmills equipment, control logic programming.
- Maintain, develop or upgrade the methodology of maintenance systems to maximize fast and reliable response to equipment problems. (In compliance with health and safety rules)
- Implementing and deploying internal policies, procedures and standards, industry excellence practices and automated manufacturing systems validation practices.
- Perform system commissioning and troubleshooting, prepare and review PLC / HMI / DCS.
- Ability to identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Maintain maintenance group training and development.
- Upgrade maintenance process of the work systems and maintenance contracts management.
- Follow departmental budgets to ensure good cost control.
- Maintain continuous improvement focus through effective leadership in maintenance meetings.
- Ensure prioritization of accurate and reliable resource depending on the type of problem occurring.
- Ensure that the maintenance group is adhered to, understand and apply the determined maintenance process.
- Make any other related task.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership.
- Good team player and result-oriented.
- Able to manage and coordinate the work within tight deadlines.
- Hold an Electrical Inter-provincial Red Seal license or Collegial Degree in electro technical, electro dynamical studies.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a sawmill or manufacturing plant, in a similar role.
- Control Logix Allen Bradley practical knowledge is a must with knowledgeable in the areas of automation.
- Proven Health and Safety accountability and are knowledgeable of occupational health and safety.
- Advanced computer skills (word and excel)
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English; French is an asset.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM offers equitable pay, excellent benefits, pension with employer contribution and more. Please note only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. EACOM is an equal opportunity employer.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.