EACOM Woodlands Division in Nairn Centre is presently looking to hire a Log buyer for its operations.
The incumbent would be assisting with the full purchase program acquiring supplies from Crown and private sources. The geographic scope of the purchasing is from Pembroke in the east to Sault Ste. Marie in the west and south on the Highway 11 and 69 corridors.
Reporting to the Woodlands Superintendent of Forest Operations, purchase 250 000 to 300,000 m3/year of Crown and private log supplies to meet the needs of the Nairn Centre saw mill.
- Establish, build upon existing and grow relationships with current Crown and private suppliers for long term contracts to supply available wood to the saw mill.
- Assist in developing a long-term predictable wood supply stategy while meeting the Company financial objectives.
- Provide recommendations after investigating and evaluating opportunities for private sources of wood, including but not limited to large land holdings, individual land holdings, mining company holdings and municipal ownership.
- Assist in negotiating and completing agreements to purchase all identified opportunities.
- Search land holding titles at Ontario Land Registry Offices to pursue all available private sources of logs.
- Cruise standing timber for assessment of quantity and quality and purchase opportunities.
- Monitor purchase wood suppliers production and quality.
- Develop delivery schedules with the receiving mills.
- Identify and develop fiber exchange opportunities including establishing satellitie log yards as required.
- Develop relationships with other users of the forest for the effective use of the resource and trade log supplies for the benefit of each party.
- Market the incidental volumes of hardwood that are not utilized by EACOM.
- Other relevant tasks.
- Outgoing, autonomous and organized
- Analytical, flexible and reliable
- Strong negotiating skills
- Business oriented
- Excellent communication abilities and team oriented
- Requires good written and verbal communication skills
- Preferably have Forestry or Business Technical education or equivalent experience.
- 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in similar role.
- Very good understanding of logging quality, value and costs characteristics.
- Good understanding of sawmill log breakdown and recovery.
- Familiar with all forestry related government laws, regulations and policies.
- Ability to walk and assess standing timber for quantity and quality.
- Computer skills required include knowledge of Outlook, Word & Excel
- Valid driver license
- The candidate should be available to travel with overnight stays required on a regular basis
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence. EACOM offers equitable pay, excellent benefits, pension with employer contribution and more. Please note only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
EACOM is an equal opportunity employer.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.