We are looking for a MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR for our Nairn Center Sawmill in Ontario.
Reporting to the General Superintendent, you will be responsible for leading the maintenance team of millwrights, electricians and saw filers. You will be responsible for the overall maintenance of the plant, scheduling, health and safety and working with the production team to ensure the up time of the mill.
- Supervise the work of maintenance workers, subcontractors, & contract staff.
- Organize, improving and scheduling routine and preventive maintenance of plant & equipment (shut downs).
- Management of continuous improvement initiatives and participate in the problem solving process.
- Support and implement the values of the company, ensure Maintenance department is in compliance with various legislation & regulations including Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Stimulate and maintain a positive work environment through use of excellent interpersonal skills, team building and communication with all departments.
- Maintain, develop or upgrade the methodology of maintenance systems to maximize fast and reliable response to equipment problems. (In compliance with health and safety rules).
- Analyze and identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent re occurrence.
- Provide training and ongoing development to the Maintenance team.
- Upgrade maintenance process of the work systems and maintenance contracts management.
- Follow departmental budgets to ensure good cost control.
- Maintain continuous improvement focus through effective leadership in maintenance meetings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, coaching, mobilizing and conflict management.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, team Player and ability to manage pressure;
- Analyzing and good organizational skills.
- Result-oriented and problem solving skills;
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Completed program, University or College level in mechanical OR electrical engineering
- Millwright ticket/red seal certification OR an Electrician ticket/Red Seal Certification is an important asset
- Have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience, ideally in a sawmill or manufacturing plant.
- Proven experience in supervising technical staff in a unionized environment.
- Achievements and commitment to health and safety at work.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English; French is an asset.
- Proven Health and Safety accountability and are knowledgeable of occupational health and safety.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of electrical, mechanical (hydraulic, pneumatic), fabrication/welding and PLC programming.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.