EACOM Timber Corporation, Nairn Centre Woodlands is looking for an Operations Forester.
Reporting to the Woodlands Manager, the successful candidate will work within a professional team leading the short term and long term operational planning and support its sustainable implementation.
- Lead the operational planning program for Nairn’s wood supply area.
- Monitor planned vs. actual volume acheivement and adjust plans accordingly.
- Assist the Nairn Centre Woodlands Operations Group with implementation of a fluid and sustainable harvest and delivery plan.
- Assist the Woodlands Manager in developing and implementing annual wood supply budgets.
- Coordinate with assistance of the Woodlands Operations team in implementation of health and safety and environmental programs (Safe Workplace Ontario / Sustainable Forestry Initiative / ISO 140001 / Forest Stewardship Council)
- All other duties as assigned to support the implementation of forest management activities for the Nairn Woodlands.
- Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Must be result driven and have the ability to bring forward solutions to overcome challenges
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, a positive attitude and able to produce positive results with clients, contractors and government authorities.
- Have leadership skills and be motivated to produce high-quality deliverable products
- Be flexible and adaptable to a variety of work environments and schedules
- Recognized University Degree in the Field of Forest / Natural Environment Management
- Have acquired a minimum of 5 years of experience related to the aspects of Forest Management Planning, and implementation of Harvesting activities.
- Be experienced in the use of Microsoft Office, ArcMap GIS, GPS technology
- Required to work outdoors in a variety of weather and terrain conditions
- Ontario Driver’s License in good standing
- Possess, or be eligible to obtain Ontario Registered Professional Forester (RPF) designation
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.