We are looking for a SAW FILER at our Nairn Centre Sawmill in Ontario.
Reporting to the Sawmill Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for the safe maintenance, fitting, repairing and adjusting of all types of saws and knives.
- Inspect all types of circular saws and bandsaws which means to bench, inspect saws for plumb, level and proper tension.
- Correct saw plate defects by hammering the saws and maintaining tooth geometry of circular saws with sharpening.
- Responsible for knives replacements schedule and ensure proper clearances are kept within machine centers throughout facility including Sawline, Edger and Planers.
- Responsible of sharpening knives for Sawline, Edger, Chipper and Planer.
- Responsible for the safe maintenance and repair of all saw filing equipment.
- Maximize equipment uptime and quality while having the highest commitment to safety.
- Maintain and align components of circular saw and bandsaws in machine centers - including edgers and trimmers.
- Measure product sizes to ensure accuracy and monitor throughout cut and make necessary adjustments.
- Communicate with supervisor regarding any mechanical/electrical problems.
- Exercise vigilance and adhere to all health/safety policies.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analytical and ability to work in a team environment.
- Methodical and effective.
- High School Diploma
- Certified Journeyman Saw Filer (Asset).
- Sawmill experience as a Saw Filer, Saw Fitter or Bench man.
- Knowledge of the lumber manufacturing process. (Asset).
- Must be able to work shift work and weekends.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM offers equitable pay, excellent benefits, pension with employer contribution and more. Please note only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. EACOM is an equal opportunity employer.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.