Reporting to the Regional Controller - Ontario, based at our Regional Office in Nairn Center, Ontario, the Senior Financial Analyst - Ontario will be responsible for financial reporting and analysis, full cycle accounting and play a key accounting role for the business.
- Perform variance analysis and put forward recommendations for improvement.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, accruals.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare annual budgets and forecasts.
- Provide financial information to managers and personnel of operating and support departments
- Provide technical guidance and training.
- Review and discuss monthly results with managers.
- Visit operation sites on a regular basis in order to assess/address specific local requirements and provide suggestions/guidance for improvement.
- Prepare and Analyze financial impact of capital projects.
- Provides coaching and support to accounting staff in the absence of the Controller
- Other ad-hoc financial analysis and projects as may be assigned.
SKILLS PROFILE :
- Strong attention to detail, technical and analytical ability.
- Self-starter, with the ability to work independently within tight timelines.
- Coaching abilities and capacity to work in a team.
- Willingness, flexibility, and good communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, communication and decision-making skills.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Professional accounting designation with 5 to 7 years of relevant experience
- Intermediate to advance Microsoft Office Suit level.
- Specific strong knowledge of Excel and complex accounting systems.
- Strong accounting knowledge and reporting related to standards, financial processes, and reporting.
- Availability and interest in traveling approx. 20% of the time.
- Bilingual in English and French would be an asset.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.