We are presently looking to hire a WOODLAND OPERATIONS SUPERINTENDENT at our Nairn Center Woodlands.
The incumbent will be reporting to the Woodlands Manager and be responsible for planning and carrying out activities to achieve the objectives for safety standards, product quality standards for contract road building, harvest, and haul operations for the Nairn Center Woodlands Operations.
- Supervise and support EACOM harvesting operations to ensure they are being carried out in an efficient and cost effective manner by preparing and maintaining short and long term operational plans and ensure full utilization of the forest resource to the benefit of the Company.
- Oversee and coach a group of Operations Supervisors and various service contractors.
- Develop harvest plans to meet the supply needs of both EACOM and external customers taking into account a multiple of constraints including: provincial legislation, guidelines and policies; approved forest management plans, seasonal restrictions and access development.
- Sustain a wood flow to the Nairn Center sawmill.
- Participate in the development and execution of forest management plans for the optimal management of the forest (cost, inventory, age of the wood, species, etc.) in short-mid-and long term.
- Monitor forest operations compliance to ensure the successful implementation of the Annual Fire Plan and Annual Work Schedules.
- Liaise with the MNRF on day-to-day operational issues.
- Monitor and report on aggregate pit permits to ensure that all active pits are in compliance.
- Strong mobilizing leadership and coaching ability.
- Integrity and ability to work in a professional manner.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks and time.
- Good communication skills and team oriented
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to maintain strong business relationship
- Strong beliefs and behaviors in safety and environmental values and results.
- Preferable to hold a Bachelor or Collegial Degree in Forestry or Business Administration.
- Registration as a Professional Forester in Ontario (strong asset).
- Minimum 10 years in forest operations planning and project costing.
- Must be familiar with all forestry related government laws, regulations, guidelines and policies.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills (Bilingual is an asset).
- Computer skills required include strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Access; ARCGIS and ArcView, GIS software; GPS operation and software including Oziexplorer and/or Waypoint.
- Valid Driver’s license.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.