We are currently looking to hire a Regional health and safety Coordinator in the Abitibi region in Quebec. The role is to support the development and implementation of workplace health and safety systems for EACOM plants.
Under the supervision of the Director of health, safety, and risk management, your main mandate will be to act as an on-site resource for employees and the management team to implement workplace health and safety programs and action plans and to continuously promote awareness and employee involvement.
- Act as a coach for supervisors and stakeholders when evaluating the workplace health and safety performance of their teams
- Take part in developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating workplace health and safety action plans
- Work with the responsible directors to make sure the various workplace health and safety programs and action plans are implemented and maintained
- Support the implementation of the communication plan to raise awareness and get employees motivated and willing to participate in matters related to workplace health and safety
- Recommend changes and/or improvements to the policies, procedures, and work methods related to workplace health and safety
- Audit and inspect every workplace health and safety activity to make sure they comply with the Health and Safety management system
- Develop and support the industrial hygiene program related to the operations for which you are responsible (quality of air, noise level, lighting, thermal stress, etc.)
- Support the implementation of the risk assessment program and determine the priority of actions related to the identified risks
- Take part in various workplace health and safety committees
- Identify, recommend, organize, and provide the training necessary in matters related to workplace health and safety
- Coordinate the investigation process for accidents and incidents to ensure the process is efficient, coherent, and complies with regulations in effect
- Lead investigations into accidents that might have a major impact
- Manage and maintain the workplace health and safety statistics database and produce reports to identify trends and preventive measures
- Act as a resource for intervenors when employees refuse to carry out work
- Act as a contact person for the CNESST/WSIB and the MOL
- Maintain compliance with the W.H.M.I.S. program
- Contribute to “ad hoc” initiatives, if needed
SKILLS PROFILE :
- Excellent ability to communicate and create good interpersonal relationships at all levels
- Excellent planning, organizational, and adaptation skills
- Rigour, ability to oversee several tasks at once and work under pressure
- Initiative, autonomy, team player
- A university diploma in human resource management, health and safety, or any other related or equivalent field
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of experience in implementing programs, systems, or processes related to health and safety in manufacturing environments, preferably unionized
- Any relevant experience in a supervisory role may be considered
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations in force in Quebec and Ontario
- Knowledge of the best workplace health and safety and industrial hygiene practices
- Bilingual, French and English (written and spoken)
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) as well as other health and safety management computer tools
- Valid driver’s licence
- Be available to regularly travel to different plants in your region (north of Ontario or in Abitibi)
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.