TIMMINS Woodlands are looking to fill two term positions for the summer of 2019.
These positions are needed from May to August 2019. If you would like to be part of our team and actively contribute to our success, please send your resume and covering letter detailing how your work experience and education meet the qualifications for this position, along with 3 work related references by November 30th, 2018.
- Assist with the implementation of silviculture programs on both the Pineland and Spanish Forests
- Monitoring silviculture contractor performance (tree plant, site preparation, aerial tending, Pre-Commercial Thinning (PCT))
- Conducting various silvicultural surveys (free-to-grow/regeneration, pre & post treatment PCT)
- Conduct miscellaneous duties such as road inspections, water crossing monitoring, gravel pit inspections and other duties as assigned.
- Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, a positive attitude, be physically fit, and able to produce positive results with clients and contractors
- Have leadership skills, be motivated to produce high-quality deliverable products, and be flexible and adaptable to a variety of work environments
- Enrolled in a recognized University Degree or College Diploma in forestry or equivalent
- Have acquired a minimum of one field season of experience or show an interest in silviculture or harvest operations
- Be experienced in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, ArcView GIS (or equivalent), GPS technology
- Required to work outdoors in a variety of weather and terrain conditions
- Driver’s License in good standing
SALARY: from 17,50$ to 21,50$, depending on education level completed
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.