We are currently looking to hire a Health & Safety/HR Advisor to work at the Timmins/Gogama sawmills. Their role will be to support the development and implementation of workplace health and safety systems for EACOM Timmins/Gogama.
Under the supervision of the Human Resource Manager, your main mandate will be to act as an on-site resource for employees and the management team to implement workplace health and safety programs and action plans and to continuously promote awareness and employee involvement. The successful candidate will also support the HR Manager in all aspects of human resources.
- Act as a coach for supervisors and stakeholders when evaluating the workplace health and safety performance of their teams
- Take part in developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating workplace health and safety action plans
- Work with the responsible persons to make sure the various workplace health and safety, human resource programs and action plans are implemented and maintained
- Support the implementation of the communication plan to raise awareness and get employees motivated and willing to participate in matters related to workplace health and safety
- Recommend changes and/or improvements to the policies, procedures, and work methods related to workplace health and safety
- Audit and inspect every workplace health and safety activity to make sure they comply with the Health and Safety management system
- Develop and support the industrial hygiene program related to the operations for which you are responsible (quality of air, noise level, lighting, thermal stress, etc.)
- Support the implementation of the risk assessment program and determine the priority of actions related to the identified risks
- Take part in various workplace health and safety committees
- Identify, recommend, organize, and provide the training necessary in matters related to workplace health and safety
- Assist and coordinate the investigation process for accidents and incidents to ensure the process is efficient, coherent, and complies with regulations in effect
- Manage and maintain the workplace health and safety statistics database and produce reports to identify trends and preventive measures
- Maintain compliance with the W.H.M.I.S. program
- Provide HR support to either Gogama or Timmins sawmills
- Contribute to “ad hoc” initiatives, if needed
- Excellent ability to communicate and create good interpersonal relationships at all levels
- Excellent planning, organizational, and adaptation skills
- Ability to oversee several tasks at once and work under pressure
- Initiative, autonomy, team player
- A university diploma in human resource management, health and safety, or any other related or equivalent field
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience related to health and safety, in manufacturing environments, preferably unionized
- Relevant experience in Human Resource
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations in force in Ontario
- Knowledge of the best workplace health and safety and industrial hygiene practices
- Bilingual, French and English (written and spoken)
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) as well as other health and safety management computer tools
- Valid driver’s licence
- Be available to regularly travel to Gogama when needed
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.