Reporting to the Mill Manager of our TIMMINS sawmill, the Planer Process Superintendent is responsible to manage the operation of the planer line and planer quality control.
This includes ensuring quality and productivity standards are met or exceeded safely and within budget to achieve targets.
The incumbent will work closely with shipping, maintenance, yard and sawmill operations, as well as sales and administration to ensure optimum results and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure the highest level of workplace safety and ensure compliance with all applicable government regulations and corporate policies.
- Ensure the highest level of quality control and product presentation standards for customer satisfaction.
- Participate in work activities to establish the necessary systems to ensure productivity, quality and operational planer mill performance to maximize cost-efficiency.
- Monitor planer line performance and production output and make necessary adjustments.
- Responsible to manage planer mill supervisors, including mentoring, coaching and assisting them in their career development.
- Oversee QC process for the planer as it pertains to product building code certification and field performance.
- Routinely inspect each manufacturing process operation and note any & all discrepancies from specifications, procedures and corrections required.
- Maintain calibrations of process equipment.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports on key performance metrics.
- Keep up-to-date in his field of expertise.
- Strong mathematical, statistical and reasoning skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
- Self - motivated and goal-oriented
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proven ability to lead and engage people in process control management.
- Team player, organized and result-oriented within tight deadlines.
- Post Secondary diploma or colegial degree in wood products or forestry field or equivalent.
- At least 10 years of supervisory experience in planer process, grading rules and kiln drying.
- Previous experience in a sawmill is required.
- Licensed Lumber Grader A or equivalent.
- Knowledge of working with collective agreements, and Provincial legislation such as the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Environmental Protection Act.
- Proven Health and Safety accountability and knowledgeable of relevant legislation.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel and Operational Systems)
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.