EACOM Timber is seeking a Planning Forester. The incumbent will report to the Chief Forester for Ontario and will assist in the delivery of the forest management program for the Pineland and Spanish Sustainable Forest Licenses.
You will be part of a team accountable for development of Forest Management Plan, Annual Work Schedules, and Annual Reports consistent with Ontario’s Forest Management Planning Manual and requirements.
- Facilitate and develop the Forest Management Plans, Annual Work Schedules, and Annual Reports for the Sustainable Forest Licences.
- Prepare and apply for Forest Management Plan Amendments, Annual Work Schedule Revisions and Overlapping Forest Resource Licenses.
- Coordinate and prepare Company records and documents for internal and independent audit purposes.
- Act as a liaison person with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry District counterparts, Indigenous communities, tourist operators and other stakeholders in the development and maintenance of forest management plans.
- Work closely with the Northeastern Ontario operations teams to ensure that forest management plans meet corporate and operational needs.
- Administer the provincial road funding program for the Sustainable Forest Licenses.
- Possessing initiative and the ability to work autonomously
- Able to establish and maintain professional relationships based on mutual trust.
- Goal and result oriented.
- Organized, proactive and able to manage several projects at the same time.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, a positive attitude, and an ability to produce positive results with both internal and external clients;
- Have leadership skills, be motivated to produce high-quality deliverable products, and be flexible and adaptable to a variety of work environments;
- Professional and thorough with uncompromising integrity and possessing sound judgement.
- Dedicated to continuous improvement
- Have a recognized University Degree in Forestry, environmental management or other equivalent areas of study and a Registered Professional Forester designation, or be eligible to apply for RPF status within one year).
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in forest management planning.
- Possess excellent spoken & written English skills, functional French would be an asset.
- Be experienced in the use of Microsoft Office, ArcMap (or equivalent) and Forest Management Modelling Tools (SFMM, MIST).
- Have solid functional skills with GIS.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a diverse group of customers.
- Ability (valid drivers license) and willingness to travel regularly
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.