Our Timmins mill based in Ontario is looking for a QUALITY CONTROL COORDINATOR.
Reporting to the Mill Manager, the incumbent will plan, coordinate, and direct quality control and process improvement programs designed to ensure that quality of product and continuous production are consistent with established standards.
Mandate of this position will be to monitor all production aspects of the mill from the incoming raw material through to the final products.
- Oversee QC process for the entire mill as it pertains to product building code certification and field performance.
- Maintain a permanent quality assurance file for each product produced
- Receive all quality complaints and determine appropriate actions
- Inspect as required incoming materials for compliance with the quality assurance specifications and determine corrections required
- Routinely inspect each manufacturing process operation and note any and all discrepancies from specifications, procedures and corrections required.
- Perform internal and external audits to ensure quality control requirements are implemented and maintained.
- Maintain calibrations of process equipment.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports on key performance metrics.
- Strong organizational, mathematical, statistical and reasoning skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Self - motivated and goal-oriented
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Wood Sciences, Engineering or a related field
- A working knowledge of quality control program requirements and techniques
- Experience in managing quality aspects related to wood processing. Equivalent will be taken in consideration.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.