We are looking to hire a SCALER based at our Timmins Sawmill in Ontario.
Reporting to the Supervisor - Wood Measurement, you will be responsible for operating the weight scale, carrying out the wood measurement and sampling program, ensuring adherence to procedures and quality objectives and assisting in the maintenance of the weigh scale systems.
- Operate and maintain the weigh scale system
- Conduct quality sampling of round wood received at the sawmill
- Conduct all sample scaling for the calculation of weight to volume factors
- Measure and maintain an accurate yard inventory
- Ensure that all government and company statutes, rules and regulations with respect to scaling are carried out satisfactorily
- Train truck drivers on the use of the weigh scale system in accordance with operating procedures.
- Communication and interact daily with truck drivers.
- Validate and ensure accuracy of the daily load receipts.
- Work closely with sawmill and forest operations personnel to ensure the efficient processing of material through the weigh scale system.
- Results oriented.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in team and to establish strong interpersonal relationship
- Good organizational skills
- Analytical skills, focused on quality
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn
- College Diploma in forestry, forest technician or equivalent.
- Possession of an Ontario Scaling license would be an asset
- Relevant experience
- Basic knowledge of computer skills, including Microsoft office and GIS / GPS technology.
- Must be willing and able to work in inclement weather conditions
- Valid drivers license
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.
For details, please visit: