We are looking for a Woodland Operations Supervisor.
Reporting to the TIMMINS Woodlands Manager, duties will include coordinating of contractor-based harvest operations and contributing to the woodland team forest operations planning.
- Daily coordination of forest operations, including road building, harvesting and log hauling to meet the needs of the Timmins and Gogama saw mills and external mill customers. This will include monitoring safety, environment and product quality.
- Field location of harvest boundaries, access and harvest block roads.
- Conduct safety and environment audits on contractors.
- Perform scheduled Environmental Management System (EMS) audits and develop and implement action plans associated with audit findings.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Annual Work Plans for the EACOM forest operations.
- Manage the aggregate pit permits and Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry compliance reporting.
- Other related tasks.
- Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment;
- Strong beliefs and behaviors in safety and environmental values and results;
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and a positive attitude
- Ability to develop strong business relationship and produce positive results with clients and contractors;
- Have leadership skills, be motivated to produce high-quality deliverable products, and be flexible and adaptable to a variety of work environments.
- Have recognized forestry or business training (degree, diploma, certificates), or equivalent operations experience;
- Have acquired a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in operations environment;
- Familiar with the use of Microsoft Office and GPS technology;
- Understanding of the legislative requirements affecting forest management in Ontario and the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Required to work outdoors in a variety of weather and terrain conditions.
- Valid Driver’s license.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.