We're looking for a COORDINATOR, OPTIMIZATION AND FOREST PLANNING to join Val-d'Or forestry team.
You will provide technical assistance to support the daily forestry operations and assist in the management and optimization of various contracts and activities.
- Support the development, follow up and optimization of forest management plans in order to minimize costs.
- Ensure predictability and optimization of harvesting areas.
- Evaluate economic criteria of planned sites and propose alternative plans if necessary.
- Ensure optimal planning of operating roads.
- Maintain contact with forest operations managers and assist them in monitoring operational choices and associated costs.
- Prepare permit requests and ensure proper follow up and approval.
- Prepare and ensure compliance of information provided for forest operations.
- Identify opportunities to facilitate forestry operations with the help of new technology.
- Collaborate with the Ontario team in continuous improvement initiatives to support forestry operations.
- Represent the company on different local and regional committees.
- Ability to work independently and rigor
- Creative and innovative
- Professionalism, integrity, judgment and analytical skills
- Ability to build relationships and work in a team
- Degree in Forest Technology, Forest Engineering, Geomatic or equivalent
- 3 years of experience in forestry operations on Crown lands
- Strong knowledge of forestry software and Office Suite
- Proficient French, English is an asset
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.