We are looking for a Manager, Forest Operations to cover our operations in Quebec.
Reporting to the General Manager of Quebec Operations (Forests and Sawmills), the selected candidate will plan, organize, direct and control the activities of the forest operations department, oversee its effectiveness, and meet objectives while ensuring that prevailing quality and safety standards are upheld.
You will work closely on forest planning with the Director of Forestry. You will negotiate contracts related to road construction, cutting, loading and lumber transportation. You will also establish and maintain contact with all stakeholders.
- Plan, organize, direct and control forest operations to supply Quebec sawmills.
- Negotiate contracts with contractors and ensure these contracts are followed and complied with.
- Involve First Nations in operations implementation and maintain good relations with them.
- Prepare and track budgets.
- Manage the staff under your supervision (Quebec forest operations).
- Ensure compliance with occupational health and safety standards.
- Ensure compliance with prevailing legislation and regulations.
- Perform all other necessary tasks related to your position.
- Be self-directed and demonstrate work organization and planning skills.
- Show proactivity and innovation.
- Show professionalism, integrity, good judgement, and discipline.
- Grasp business issues and establish professional relationships based on respect.
- Negotiation skills.
- Education in forest engineering combined with 10 to 15 years of relevant experience in forest operations management.
- Have relevant experience managing operations teams, projects, and operating budgets.
- Experience and significant achievements involving different stakeholders in the territory, including First Nations.
- Advanced knowledge of computer tools, including the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Be available to travel occasionally as required.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.