We are currently looking for a Class-4 Boiler and Dry Kiln Operator for our Val d'Or sawmill.
The selected candidate will be responsible in particular for prepping and operating the dry kilns and the boiler.
- Operate the dry kilns (3) and the boiler.
- Diagnose different problems and make the necessary repairs.
- Administer chemical tests and know how to interpret the results.
- Conduct maintenance on the cell and other sector components.
- Perform any necessary operations and clear blockages from the boiler and dry kilns.
- Carry out the following tasks:
- Take dry kiln inventory and code with the batch number.
- Perform daily inspections of the boiler and the entire sector.
- Check the flame quality and make adjustments.
- Check the water softener system.
- Check the supply of chemical products.
- Regularly check the dry kiln settings.
- Perform sawmill inspection rounds at the scheduled times.
- Help train mechanical staff.
- Remove snow from around buildings when required.
- Perform all other related tasks.
- Attention to health/safety and a sense of urgency.
- Responsiveness, sense of responsibility, and independence.
- Manual dexterity and ease with computers.
- Time and priority management.
- Good physical abilities.
- Have a Class-4 certificate of qualification in stationary engine mechanics.
- Have 1 year of experience in a similar position.
- Be familiar with safe working methods and drying standards.
- Be comfortable with computer systems, including the MS Office suite.
- Must be willing to do on-the-job training if required.
- Master elements related to quality, compliance, techniques, and measurements of allowed tolerance levels.
WORK SCHEDULE: 3-2-2-3, weekdays and weekends