We are looking for a Maintenance Planner for our VAL-D'OR Sawmill in Quebec.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor you will be responsible for planning the work of the maintenance department.
As a leader in the preventive maintenance program, you will demonstrate innovation and constantly look for new ways to be more productive while enhancing health and safety.
In this role, you must ensure maximal equipment up time and efficiency.
- Manage the preventive maintenance program while ensuring that health and safety aspects are included in the prevention and corrective action plans.
- Coordinate activities to evaluate the quality and effectiveness of production equipment, tools and work procedures.
- Review downtime reports for different sectors and recommend changes.
- Develop and/or monitor performance indicators in your sector and set ambitious goals to improve these indicators.
- Regularly tour the sawmill.
- When required, attend problem-solving sessions with key stakeholders.
- Implement and/or develop the preventive maintenance program and the work order system.
- Identify priorities for equipment purchases and modifications.
- Plan projects to modify equipment and help the project team as needed.
- In collaboration with the staff concerned, participate in the ongoing review of quality control programs and the drafting or review of policies and procedures that affect improvements and cost reductions and increase efficiency.
- Help implement and monitor the inspections, sampling, and testing that ensure finished products meet quality specifications.
- Submit recommendations about decisions on the development of new maintenance and production standards.
- Help ensure compliance with health and safety and environment standards and submit recommendations to stakeholders as required.
- Ensure that work areas, hazardous waste warehouse, and product segregation comply with and meet insurance company standards.
- Ensure that equipment is shipped at optimum efficiency according to inventory levels.
- Help with different employee training and development activities.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving-skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate leadership and influencing skills.
- Show independence, discipline and organizational skills.
- Initiative and innovation skills.
- DEP Industrial Mechanics with 5 years of experience OR
- DEC Industrial Maintenance +with 3 years of experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering + minimum of 1 to 2 years of relevant experience
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in managing technical teams in an industrial or manufacturing setting
- 1 to 3 years of project management experience
- Proficiency in basic computer skills (Outlook and intermediate Excel)
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require.
Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM offers equitable pay, excellent benefits, pension with employer contribution and more. Please note only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. EACOM is an equal opportunity employer.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.