We are currently looking for an Electrical Supervisor for our Val-d'Or sawmill in Quebec.
You will be responsible for coordinating a group of electrical technicians and shift electricians. You will plan work to prepare and perform preventive maintenance on the electrical equipment at our sawmill.
You will also monitor work and track part availability and prepare purchase orders for the Electrical Department.
- Analyze problems related to automation and electrical power and quickly coordinate work to resolve these problems.
- Plan any modifications, repairs and maintenance for electrical installations.
- Plan, organize and oversee all activities required to achieve deliverable and meet production targets.
- Support, develop or improve maintenance systems to optimize operations to resolve equipment problems (in compliance with occupational health and safety standards).
- Develop and implement internal policies, procedures and standards according to best industry practices as well as systems to validate manufacturing practices.
- Prepare, review and implement system maintenance plans and troubleshooting plans (PLC / HMI / DCS).
- Oversee training and professional development for the maintenance group under your responsibility.
- Improve maintenance reliability processes for work systems and maintenance contract management.
- Manage allocated budgets and ensure good cost control.
- Perform any other related task.
- Have a concern for health and safety.
- Be able to communicate technical information.
- Show an ability to establish relationships and promote team work and collaboration.
- Have discipline and integrity and demonstrate inspiring leadership.
- Have analysis and problem solving skills.
- Have good time and priority management.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Have a college diploma in Electro technology or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as a team coordinator.
- Have a Class C Electrical licence (excluding construction).
- An electrical owner-builder’s licence (formerly licence class A-2) is an asset.
- Be fully familiar with process control principles.
- Be familiar with three-phase and single-phase electrical equipment.
- Be able to work on low- and medium-voltage equipment.
- Have advanced knowledge of PWM speed controllers.
- Be able to independently program Allen-Bradley and Omron PLCs.
- Familiarity with pneumatic and hydraulic systems is an asset.
f you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM offers equitable pay, excellent benefits, pension with employer contribution and more. Please note only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. EACOM is an equal opportunity employer.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.