We are currently looking for a mobile equipment technician for our Val d'Or sawmill.
You will be responsible for performing preventive and corrective maintenance on the mobile equipment used for our sawmill operations.
- Diagnose different problems and make the necessary repairs.
- Determine the nature of defects and failures using computerized control equipment and other testing tools to clarify the extent of the repairs to perform.
- Adjust the equipment and repair or replace faulty parts, installations or components using manual or mechanical tools.
- Check that heavy equipment is operating properly and inspect various machines to detect defects and failures.
- In collaboration with the team leader, plan all work relating to the repair and preventive maintenance of wheeled equipment.
- Perform computer-based (SAP) tracking as per planning, if required and/or upon request.
- Ensure the availability of parts required for work.
- Fill out purchase orders related to the Maintenance Department.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on equipment such as forklifts, log loaders, front loaders, clam loaders, pick-up trucks and all other related equipment.
- Identify and locate breakdowns in any part affecting the company’s mobile equipment and do the necessary work to promptly correct the situation or recommend corrective measures.
- Carry out all welding and maintenance work on equipment.
- Help train mechanical staff.
- Perform all other related tasks.
- Thoroughness, patience and initiative.
- Sense of responsibility and independence.
- Good spatial perception, manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Good time management, speed of execution, and sense of urgency.
- Have a DEP in heavy equipment mechanics or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of ten thousand (10,000) hours as a heavy equipment mechanic.
- The candidate must provide the tools needed for their trade.
- Know how to use computer programs to analyze problems.
- Must be willing to do on-the-job training if required.
SCHEDULE : 7/7 – (Days only)
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM offers equitable pay, excellent benefits, pension with employer contribution and more. Please note only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
EACOM is an equal opportunity employer. The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.