We are looking for a CO-PRODUCTS MANAGER, reporting to the Regional manager, Ontario operations.
You will manage and coordinate the sale of sawmill co-products and pulp logs in order to maximize revenue and find a market for residual products.
You will ensure that the flow of chips, sawdust, shavings, bark and pulp logs to our customers meet their fibre requirements. In collaboration with our operations managers, you will support the day-to-day activities, create strategies for enhancing the value of our coproducts, coordinate logistics and manage inventories.
RESPONSIBILITIES Business Development
- Drive initiatives that improve our position and benchmark our performance against the industry.
- Ensure coordination of strategies and initiatives on contracts, supplies and pricing with your counterpart in the Quebec region.
- Drive ownership of co-product values by our operations management teams and support the improvement of our performance in this critical area of our business.
- Manage business relationships with our customers through regular contact and communication on issues.
- Work closely with woodlands and sawmill management teams on performance, revenue and issues pertaining to value, quality, inventory, product opportunities and product flow.
- Coordinate with our operations management teams the appropriate actions on customer issues.
- Negotiate contracts to define pricing and volume.
- Adapt to transportation needs and changing market conditions to maximize deliveries.
- Produce reports to communicate quality, volumes, inventories and fibre balance information to stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Support sales, marketing and transportation for joint ventures.
Sales and Logistics Optimization
- Organize the sale, marketing and transportation of softwood chips, sawdust, shavings, bark and hog fuel from the mills to the various customers to maintain a steady flow of co-products.
- Coordinate chip exchange opportunities between sawmills and pulp mills to maximize freight savings.
- Negotiate freight rates and associated contract elements with carriers.
Value Creation and Management
- Monitor and continuously improve co-products quality to maximize sawmill revenue and meet customer specifications.
- Explore and create new opportunities that drive additional value for the organization.
- Evaluate technology opportunities that could have current and future applications at EACOM.
- Customer-oriented approach
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills
- Business acumen and ability to establish and maintain fruitful business relationships
- Planning, organization and agility
- Teamwork in a changing business environment
- Post-secondary education in business, forestry or relative field
- 5 years of experience in wood products and/or forest resources or equivalent experience
- Relevant experience with governmental authorities
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong knowledge in transportation logistics
- Bilingualism (written and spoken) an asset
- Competent computer skills and use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken)
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.